Stay – Review of the Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
The Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel is conveniently located within the YYC – Calgary International Airport between the international and domestic terminals. With full amenities such as a spa, meeting and event space, indoor pool and hot tub, M Club lounge, and a full restaurant and bar, it combines the amenities you expect from a city hotel but that are often missing at airport hotels. In this post, we share information about the Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel.
The hotel is fairly new; it opened in 2016.
The Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel has 318 rooms:
- Guest room: 2 Queen, 1 King, 2 Queen City View, 1 King City View
- Hospitality Suite (Queen, City View)
- M Club Level: 2 Queen, 1 King, 1 King Corner Room
- Suites: 1 Bedroom Suite (M Club lounge access, 1 Bedroom 2 room Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2), 1 Bedroom Family Suite (M Club lounge access, 1 Bedroom 2 room Suite), and a Presidential Suite (M Club level, 1 Bedroom Presidential Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2)
In addition to the usual room amenities, the hotel offers “Park and Fly” packages with 8 days free parking for one vehicle when you book one guest room. The hotel is also pet friendly but have no details about their pet policy.
For dining, the hotel advertises a “Full American Breakfast” from $19.00CAD. The main restaurant is Yakima Social Kitchen + Bar which features craft beer to go with its locally inspired cuisine drawing from Aboriginal, Asian, and North American influences. The “All Day Menu” has items like beef sliders, charcuterie, an Alberta beef filet, pan seared halibut, pizzas, and burgers/sandwiches.
Our Stay – M Club Level King:
I was not expecting too much from the room but was immediately drawn to the view of the runway and telescope in the room for better viewing. The room was comfortable and pretty soundproof considering it is an airport hotel with close proximity to the runway which was good for resting before and after work.
The bed was really comfortable and I think Marriott has a new brand of pillows now as they definitely feel better than previous ones. Housekeeping was outstanding too, they were very thorough and seemed to always clean my room when I was having breakfast at the lounge. I wish other hotels could do this.
The M Club Lounge is probably one of the best Marriott lounges I have ever visited in North America: it has high quality food, attentive and pleasant staff, and a nice setting with great views. The lounge is open 24 hours per day and has the following complimentary food:
- Hot buffet breakfast
- hors d’oeuvres
- Grab & Go snacks available all day
- Starbucks (R) coffee, tea, & signature espresso-based drinks
- High-Speed Wi-Fi
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Alcohol is not complimentary but there is variety for those wanting a beer, wine, or a cocktail and the prices are decent. In addition, on some evenings, elite members like myself are invited to a cocktail reception at the lounge.
I had access to this lounge with my Platinum Status but would definitely recommend booking a room for M Club access; the price difference for 1 room with 2 adults is about $30 more, depending on the dates.
There are very few airport hotels I’d rate as a 5 and want to review on TripAdvisor, but the Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel is one of them. I’d connect through Calgary just to get a chance to stay here again. Overall, it was a great stay and as happy as I am to go home, I’m sad to leave too as I will miss the views and the M Club Lounge.
Do you like airport hotels? What is the best airport hotel you have ever stayed at?
- Stay – Review of the Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
- Review: Hi-Lo Hotel, Autograph Collection in Portland Oregon
- Review: Moxy Seattle Downtown
- Stay: Review of the Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market
- Visiting Europe: ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System)