24 Hours in Tijuana – The Craft Beer Scene
Perhaps due to its close proximity to San Diego, a pioneer in the craft beer movement, Tijuana has numerous breweries of its own and the beers can be enjoyed in their tasting room or at one of the craft beer bars in town. We were only here for 24 hours so we didn’t get to try as many as we wanted but the ones we did try were all great experiences; from the quality and types of beer to the friendly and clean tasting rooms, it was impressive. We were also very impressed at how everyone wanted you to enjoy the beers and were generous with sampling, something we didn’t take advantage of though.
Mamut Cerveza: After the adrenaline rush of crossing the border, we appreciated their easy drinking session IPA in the homey and casual setting. They accept credit card here but “propina” tips must be paid in cash.
Teorema/Lúdica: Located on Avenida Revolución, Teorema/Ludica is another brewery. I was intrigued by their Malbec Saison but it was not available while we were there. Again, the beers were good and the service outstanding. They accept credit card here but “propina” tips must be paid in cash.
Cerveceria Insurgente: Insurgente is a larger facility with a really nice rooftop patio, in addition to indoor seating. With about 20 beers on tap and a modern facility, it is a nice place to enjoy a beer. While they don’t serve food, we did see food deliveries brought up. Insurgente is cash only.
Bierhalle: Bierhalle is a craft beer bar with food too. They feature local Baja beers in addition to popular ones from California. The food menu has a mix of Mexican inspired dishes and typical pub grub like wings and pizzas. We were intrigued by the “Trompo de adobada” which is what we had. You can order it in two formats and this is the smaller of the two sizes, which was way too much food. The concept is like a “create your own al pastor taco”. We really enjoyed this other than the tortillas which were a little stale.
Telefonica Gastro Park: Telefonica Gastro Park is a food garden where you can also get craft beer from Tijuana, Baja, and the US. I really enjoyed my Gummy Bear Ale on the patio!
Do you like visiting craft breweries? Do you prefer places with a nice atmosphere like a nice patio? Which other breweries do you recommend in Tijuana?
- 24 Hours in Tijuana – A Guide
- Plan – Flying out of PAE Paine Field on Alaska Airlines
- Travel Advisory for Mexico – A Vacation Horror Story
- Flying Interjet Between Canada and Mexico: What You Need to Know
- Mexico City: Walk, Eat, Drink and Repeat
- Playa del Carmen: Local Culture and Beaches in the Mayan Riviera
- Sargassum Seaweed in the Caribbean: Will it ruin my beach vacation?
- Tulum: Planning a Day Trip from Playa Del Carmen
- Unfinished Business: 3 Days in Tulum
- 24 Hours in Tijuana – Stay: A Review of the K Tower Boutique Hotel
- Review: Playa Escondida, Sayulita, Mexico
- Review: Hotel La Semilla, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Review: Ignacia Guest House, Mexico City
- Review: Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort
- Review: Hyatt Ziva Cancun All-Inclusive
- 24 Hours in Tijuana – Where to Eat
- Guide – Craft Beer in Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, and Cancun
- Review: Los Aguachiles in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
- Review: El Fogon in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
- Review: Birria Tacos y Consome in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
- Review: TaconTenedor in Playa Del Carmen Mexico