Review: Los Aguachiles in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
Ceviche is one of our favorite things to eat, especially when we’re in Mexico. We usually visit TaconTenedor (link to our review) but decided to go back to Los Aguachiles recently to give them another try. Los Aguachiles is an open-air Mexican seafood restaurant in Playa Del Carmen with a good mix of tourists and locals as patrons.
On our first visit to Los Aguachiles, we enjoyed our food but it was average and so we were not in a rush to return. On our last visit, TaconTenedor did not open at the stated time so we decided to give Los Aguachiles another chance and we’re delighted to report back that we enjoyed our second visit so much better and the food was outstanding this time. We ordered the tuna and habanero mustard tostada, the shrimp aguachiles tostada, and the mixed ceviche (half order). We enjoyed everything we ate; the seafood was very fresh and the sauces were flavorful. It’s hard to describe the taste of the tuna with the mustard-habanero sauce it’s not too spicy and the combination works very well so we highly recommend trying it. The meal here is best enjoyed with a cold beer, either a traditional Mexican lager or one of the Pescadores craft beers they have in stock.
One of the things that makes Los Aguachiles a great choice is the consistency of the service, including hours of operation; compared to other places in PDC, they are open when they say they will be open, which makes it a great place for lunch. From an ambience perspective, the restaurant is open air but shaded since it has a roof and it’s very casual with plastic tables and chairs.
Los Aguachiles has two locations but we usually go to the 34th Street location which is usually open from 12:00 – 19:00 every day. If you’re visiting Tulum or Cancun, they also have restaurants there.
More information: http://www.losaguachiles.mx/
Have you been to Los Aguachiles? If so, did you enjoy your meal? What was your favorite dish?
- 4 Days in Cozumel – A Travel Guide
- Getting to Cozumel by Ferry from Playa Del Carmen
- Getting Around – Renting a Moped / Scooter on Cozumel Island
- 24 Hours in Tijuana
- Travel Advisory for Mexico – A Vacation Horror Story
- Plan – Flying out of PAE Paine Field on Alaska Airlines
- Flying Interjet Between Canada and Mexico: What You Need to Know
- Mexico City: Walk, Eat, Drink and Repeat
- Playa del Carmen: Local Culture and Beaches in the Mayan Riviera
- Sargassum Seaweed in the Caribbean: Will it ruin my beach vacation?
- Tulum: Planning a Day Trip from Playa Del Carmen
- Unfinished Business: 3 Days in Tulum
- Review: Playa Escondida, Sayulita, Mexico
- Review: Hotel La Semilla, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Review: Ignacia Guest House, Mexico City
- Review: Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort
- Review: Hyatt Ziva Cancun All-Inclusive
- Indulge – Where to Eat in Cozumel
- 24 Hours in Tijuana – Where to Eat
- 24 Hours in Tijuana – The Craft Beer Scene
- Guide – Craft Beer in Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, and Cancun
- Review: Los Aguachiles in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
- Review: El Fogon in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
- Review: Birria Tacos y Consome in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
- Review: TaconTenedor in Playa Del Carmen Mexico